Hello there Textile Design Lab members!
In order to receive all of our emails and newsletters please remember to add our email address to your address book or white list our email sending address. This website offers instructions how to do this depending on your email platform.
Please enjoy this week’s TDL News!!
Our popular Photoshop for Designers 1 & 2 courses are now moving into the Textile Design Lab!
They will both be added to the Lab on September 11th and will be free for members. We’re thrilled to be bringing these in depth Photoshop courses into the Lab and Sherry London, our resident Photoshop expert will be there to assist members with any questions that they have along the way.
Photoshop for Designers 1 is an intensive course, so we recommend starting with that course and then taking Photoshop for Designers 2 when it runs again in November.
Get out your calendars…our Fall course schedule is here and we’re starting things off with a bang!
- September 11th: Photoshop for Designers 1 & 2. Our popular Photoshop for Designers 1 & 2 courses are now moving into the Textile Design Lab! They will both be added to the Lab on September 11th and will be free for members. We’re thrilled to be bringing these in depth Photoshop courses into the Lab and Sherry London, our resident Photoshop expert will be there to assist members with any questions that they have along the way.
- October 2nd: Sellable Sketch Group-Study. Want to create marketable pattern collections that buyers are looking for? We show you how to do just that in our most popular course, The Sellable Sketch. This course will only be available within the Lab and includes access to WGSN.
- October 23rd: Surface Pattern Design Mastery Group-Study. Ready to create eye-catching surface pattern designs? Learn how to turn your sketches, paintings and illustrations into surface pattern design layouts in both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator in this new Textile Design Lab course!
- November 6: Photoshop for Designers 2. Our popular Photoshop for Designers 2 course is now moving into the Textile Design Lab and we will be running a second group-study for those wishing to continue their Photoshop studies. Sherry London, our resident Photoshop expert will be there to assist members with any questions that they have along the way.
- November 13: Print Studio Mastermind. Does working with a print studio feel like a good fit for your business? This Fall we will running a FREE mastermind event for TDL members who are ready to market their work to studios. We’ll walk you step-by-step through the process with weekly live group mentorship sessions.
- December 4: Goal Setting and Pattern Planning for 2018 Group-Study. In this course you’ll clarify what you hope to achieve in 2018 and create an action plan to get you there. At the end of this course, you will feel focused and in control—ready for this upcoming year! You’ll know exactly what steps to take and how you can use The Textile Design Lab to achieve the goals you’ve laid out before you.
Each month we welcome a guest expert into the Textile Design Lab to share an exclusive training with our members. This is such a vast industry, covering so many markets and specialties, and we love hearing from various experts and learning from their years of experience.
This month we are thrilled to welcome Heather Powers, a talented rug designer and creative organizer. In this in depth training Heather shares a strong basic understanding of what you will need to know to design for a variety of carpet and rug constructions. You’ll also have access to a free downloadable terminology guide and Heather’s list of industry resources. This training is FREE for Lab members.
Weekly Art Critique
Don’t forget to join us for our live art critique held this THURSDAY at 1 PM Eastern. This is a fun event where Lab members come together to review artwork and ask questions about pattern design, marketing and sales. A registration link will be emailed out early on Thursday morning and a link can also be found in our Weekly Art Critique forum.
Textile Design Lab members can watch past critiques here.