Designing Textiles for Women’s Activewear
Take your textile design work to a new level of mastery with this high value, hands-on course. You’ll learn how to create patterns that are empowering, inspiring and feminine while also flattering lots of different body shapes.
Take your textile design work to a new level of mastery with this high value, hands-on course. Through a series of creative exercises and interaction with our team of experienced designers, you’ll explore the women’s activewear market.
This course includes ten lessons and two case studies:
- Lesson One: Welcome & Market Guide
- Lesson Two: Trends
- Lesson Three: Flower and Leaf Motifs
- Lesson Four: Geometric Motifs
- Lesson Five: Textural Motifs
- Lesson Six: Guidelines to Designing for the Women’s Activewear Market
- Lesson Seven: Creating Body Forms
- Lesson Eight: Color
- Lesson Nine: Specialty Layouts
- Lesson Ten: Presenting Your Work
- RYU Case Study
- Moving Comfort Case Study